Basketball (Travel), Biddeford Travel Basketball Teams
All Basketball players in Grades 3-4 & 5-6 have the opportunity to try out for a travel team. We will be playing in the Main Event Travel League through XL Sports.
All players interested in playing on a Biddeford Recreation Travel Team are required to attend the evaluation night. Participants that do not make a team will be put on a recreational team.
The fee is $145 which covers cost for referees, shooting shirts and any other expense that goes with playing in this league.
$55 is due at registration and the remaining balance needs to be paid by December 2nd, 2023.
No refunds will be available for anyone that makes team , but quits after teams have been announced.
- Players must be a resident of Biddeford or a student at one of the town's schools.
- Players that do not make the travel team will be placed on an internal team.
- This Main Event Travel League is for Grades 3-4 & 5-6 Boys & Girls who would like to play in a more competitive league in the Southern Maine area. This league has options of divisions that include single grades and combined grades.
- Practice times will depend on gym availability. Travel teams will practice 2 times a week.
- Games will be played on weekends at XL Sports in Saco and Saco Middle School.
- League Dates: November 20,2023 - February 19, 2024.
- Transportation will be the responsibility of the players’ family.
- The last day for travel registration is Tuesday, October 31st, 2023.
- Evaluation Date: 3/4 Girls,3/4 Boys, 5/6 Girls, 5/6 Boys TBA
- (Players trying out for travel should have prior experience in recreation or travel basketball)
- If not enough players to have a team, we will merge 5th & 6th grade players to form one team.
- Players will be contacted for their first practice.
- Volunteer coaches will be needed. We would need at least one coach in place for every team. Coaches should have some prior experience coaching youth basketball (rec or travel) or knowledge of the sport.