Refund Policy (Updated and Approved by Recreation Commission 12-19-16)
To be considered for a refund, the participant and/or parent/guardian must contact the department through either e-mail or phone. All refunds must be requested at least 3 working days prior to the program start date. Please be aware checks can take a minimum of 3 weeks to be processed and will be mailed to the address we have on file. Gift certificates are not eligible for a refund.
Definition of a Contract Program/Service: Contractual programs are programs where a verbal or written contract has been made by this department with an individual or business to run the program or provide a service. It also applies for products such as, theatre, park tickets, etc.
Please note: transactions originally made by credit or debit card will be subject to a 5% processing fee which will be deducted from the amount eligible for refund.
The Recreation Department will grant refunds by check for programs and activities under the following conditions:
1. When there is a conflict between the schedule of a program and the participant, and the participant has not attended any class whatsoever; refund can be obtained from the department, except in the case of a contractual program. This refund request must be made no later than the start of the program’s second class at which time Guideline 4 will be in effect.
2. Should the participant have any injury or sickness that prevents him/her from completing the program, he/she will be entitled to a full refund if he/she has not attended any sessions, or a pro-rated refund based upon the number of sessions that will not be attended, except in the case of a contractual program.
3. When the participant attends the first session and realizes he/she is not interested, a pro-rated refund will be given, except in the case of a contractual program, or drop in.
4. No refund will be given after the start of the program's second class, except for Guideline 2.
5. Contractual Program/Overnight Trips Refund Policy: Refunds will be granted for Contractual programs only in the event that the issuing of this refund does not come at the expense of the City of Biddeford. A refund will not be granted if the department has already issued the program payment to the contracted business, or the issuing of the refund puts the program under the minimum number of participants needed to run the contracted program. Overnight Trips: trips contracted outside the department generally offer cancellation insurance to participants. Please refer to each individual company’s refund policy.
6. Day Camp Refund Policy: *A $25 fee will be deducted from refund per child if cancelled before the 8-week camp starts. *75% refund of prorated weeks of program left if cancelled after attending the second day of camp. The date of the last day the participant will be considered in camp will be when the department is notified by the parent/guardian that they would like to take their child out of Camp and be granted a refund. *No refund will be given if canceling after 50% of the program is completed.
7. Cub Care: *A $25 fee will be deducted from refund per child if cancelled before the program starts. After the start date a two week notice is required of all participants leaving prior to the end of the program.
8. Discipline: No Refunds will be issued if a participant is released from a program for disciplinary reasons.
9. Balances for families or individuals with an outstanding account balance: all refunds requested will be applied to the balance until it is paid in full.